Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Umbra





A while back I was suddenly smitten with pale colors and I did a series of "quilts" with varying shades of white and beige, almost devoid of all color. I think I'm over it now. 

Certainly if you look at what I've been doing lately over at the Sweet Lime, you'll agree.

I'm not sure what that draw towards quiet paleness was all about.  Most of what I did, I didn't like but this one....
this one I love and it isn't even a finished piece. It lives now only as this photograph as I never sewed all the pieces on. The teeth and bones rest in a box somewhere.

Maybe the pendulum will swing back and I'll find myself once again in a whitewashed world of gauzes and laces, ivory buttons and teeth and bones.  

I wouldn't mind it.  
Maybe I'm not over it, or it's not done with me yet, whatever it is.











2 comments:

  1. I used to have a little jaw with teeth like that. wonder what happened to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin...
    it's probably tucked away somewhere, like mine, waiting to be rediscovered when you least expect.

    ReplyDelete