Friday, September 16, 2011

The Scholars Scroll Necklace





I've had a new necklace design in mind for a couple weeks and I made two
but they weren't quite what I was envisioning.

Third time lucky!







The three "pendant" pieces are from a necklace I made years ago when I was enamored
with wire. The face is a carved nut bead found in Taiwan. The brush was a chinese calligraphy brush and the paper beads are made from an antique Chinese almanac book.

The necklace is strung on waxed linen with a mixture of wood, metal and glass beads. 
I love it and I loved working with the waxed linen.
 This waxed linen is awesome to work with.

I feel more necklaces coming.

4 comments:

  1. If I were a "big" jewelry wearer...
    Hell, I'd just hang that on the wall and admire it for what it is- art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Moon. It actually looks just as awesome on a wall as it does around the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool - I love it! What is the hairy tassel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pat....
    the hairy tassel is the end of an old calligraphy brush.

    ReplyDelete