Monday, October 24, 2011

I see fake people....or did I?




Earlier this month when I got home from Florida,
I started seeing these guys hanging around town...



I'm a NY transplant, I grew up riding the subways so I know about not
making eye contact...



or turning my head to stare...




but their numbers grew over the following days...




they are now on every street...





dressed in all kinds of get ups...




some of them are seriously creepy....





Donnie Darko creepy....




give you nightmares creepy...






some are kind of interesting, like the Green Man here.





and this lady with crow. You can't see it in the picture but she
has this kind of cool wire headpiece.



There are alot of these wtf ones....
like the disco dancer with the fro?

I'm digging his pants and shoes though....



There are so many of them now in every nook and cranny in town and 
people everywhere taking pictures of them. It's become a little surreal.
I see them out of the corner of my eye as I drive by and suddenly one of them
will start moving...I'm starting to not be able to distinguish the people from
the scarecrows.  


Please make it stop.

6 comments:

  1. Good Lord! There must be a lot of artists in your town! I sort of love these and wish they would all come and have a party in my yard and then...quietly leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a book I read where the kids made ugly wugglies out of mops and stuff and then they came to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there last Sunday (Listening to the groovy tunes at Las Casitas) and saw several of them. I especially loved the Nuns.... How fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mrs B! So glad you got to see the show. They are a riot. I heard Sundays tunes from LC while I was weeding in my yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin....
    If these ugly wugglies come to life I'm leaving town. Except for maybe I'll stick around to see the brother disco dancing.

    ReplyDelete